Around Austin Born, we've been enjoying the (slightly) slower summer months and trying to lay low in the heat. For a couple months our birth doula team has been working as a twosome (high-five, Stephanie & Phyllis!) but we're thrilled to announce a new addition to our crew. Nicole joins us on August 1st and will round out our numbers. Wanna know a little more about this super special gal? Read on!
Back in 2004, Nicole supported her roommate through her prenatal, birth and postpartum period. She was incredibly moved by the experience and wondered if there was a future for her in the birth community. Nicole enjoyed working in advertising for several years however, she never felt a passion in that field. It wasn't until she started thinking of becoming pregnant herself that she felt the fire and gravitational pull towards working with individuals as they venture into parenthood.
Nicole believes wholeheartedly that birth can be an extremely empowering life event, regardless of the venue or outcome. She is passionate about supporting new and growing families with positivity, knowledge and strength through their birth.
Nicole completed her birth and postpartum doula training through, Doula Trainings International (DTI). She is experienced in home birth, hospital birth, and postpartum support.
In addition, Nicole is passionate about health and fitness. She is a certified prenatal and postnatal physical trainer and has plans to begin offering classes at Austin Born in the near future.
9 Things We Bet You Didn't Know About Nicole:
- Is the oldest of 5 crazy amazing kids
- Went to the 2012 Olympics in London with some of her best girlfriends
- Collects scarves and hats
- Loves hosting parties and connecting new friends
- Is married to a dashing firefighter
- Gets "hangry" (angry when hungry) --> don't we all?!
- Does not like sweets (GASP!)
- Nickname is "Pickles" - for no reason whatsoever
- Has a white terrier pup named, "Springsteen"