We know it's still feeling like summer (thanks, Texas) and my how we've grown during these warm months! Our birth doula dream team has been rounded out with two new members: Chelsea Greenwald and Yaz Costopoulos. Our little doula family is now complete at 4 members and with these wonderful women, we're able to offer even better, more comprehensive support for you before, during and after birth while staying true to our vision of super high one-on-one attention for each family that chooses us. Today, let's get you introduced to Chelsea!
Chelsea is trained and certified as a birth and postpartum doula through Doula Trainings International. Chelsea has been assisting families in childbirth and postpartum since 2008 after the birth of her second child. She wants all birthing individuals to be aware of their choices, be empowered to make informed decisions and be nurtured by hands-on emotional and physical support during pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
8 Things We Bet You Didn't Know About Chelsea:
- She grew up on a 33 acre farm in Northern California
- Her family owns a yoga studio and she has been teaching yoga since 1996
- She was a clown and did singing telegrams in college (!!!!)
- Her signature color is green
- She found her first grey hair at just 18
- She's the oldest of 6 kids in a blended family (1 biological sister, 1 adopted sister, 2 stepsisters and a stepbrother)
- Her family is REALLY into halloween, and we dress up in a theme costume every year (photo evidence attached),
- She worked in the music business for a record label in NYC for several years