You feel the days warming up and getting longer? We do and we're loving it! Spring has sprung and we can't get enough of the energy in the air of growth and change. We're growing to and we've added to our sweet team the wonderful Kim Borchert! She joins us as a birth doula with special training in rebozo, years of experience teaching baby signing classes (more on that soon!) as a certified ASL interpreter and soon-to-be trained professional in Bengkung Belly Binding.
Kim's journey to supporting Mamas started in 2002 when she was pregnant with her first child. She is now the Mother to 6 children. In her experience as a mother, she has had a wide variety of labors and births. Her first child was born through a cesarean birth and the other 5 were home birth after cesarean (HBAC).
Because of her experiences, she is passionate about helping women who have had a cesarean birth and want to achieve their goal of a vaginal birth (VBAC). she understands the feelings and emotions associated with VBAC and can offer unique support for those situations.
Kim also has experience dealing with the loss of a child and subsequent births. Her oldest daughter passed away when she was 8 months old. She understands what it means to grieve while pregnant, the fear and anxiety that comes with subsequent pregnancies and birth, and the various emotions associated with these special births.
Kim believes every birth is unique. She became a doula because she wants women to have the information and support necessary to make the best decisions for their birth, whatever that may be. Every family deserves someone supporting them, judgement free. Her job is to educate, advocate, and inform. Your job is to make the decisions you feel are best for your family based on the information given.
Wanna know more about this super smiley shining star? Read on!
10 Things We Bet You Didn't Know About Kim:
- is the 4th of 5 children and there are 26 grandchildren on her side of the family.
- grew up in Nebraska, Kansas, and Utah but claims Kansas as home.
- is a BIG fan of KU Basketball (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!)
- has never been out of the country (to be remedied in September 2016)
- is the Girl Scout leader for her daughter's troop.
- has a serious addiction to chocolate baked goods.
- used to write music in college and even recorded a demo cd!
- has ran 1 half marathon and done 1 triathlon and several 5 and 10k's.
- was a blogger for 9 1/2 years and attended (and spoke) at several blog conferences.
- loves to sew and knit.