We are delighted to announce that our AustinBorn family is growing! (See what we did there?) Community, meet Jacqueline Chandler.
Jacqueline can't think of a time when she wasn't passionate about reproductive health, and after the birth of her son in 2014, she decided to follow her heart and become a birth and postpartum doula. In her previous life, she had dreams of becoming a Foreign Service Officer with the State Department, but the thought of being too far away from breakfast tacos and family made her rethink that decision.
Working for over ten years full-time outside the home, and making the transition back to office life after only ten weeks off postpartum, has shaped her outlook on life pre- and post-birth and has provided her with a unique vantage point from which to serve families. Jacqueline believes it is a basic human right to birth the way one chooses and have access to all the information one needs to make informed choices.
Jacqueline trained through Doula Trainings International (DTI), is a volunteer in the newborn nursery at St. David's Medical Center, and is a member of the Central Texas Doula Association. She feels fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful community at AustinBorn and looks forward to supporting families on life's most exciting journey.
10 Fun Things to Know About Jacqueline:
- Played contemporary and baroque oboe, and english horn - her favorite!
- As a member of her high school colorguard, she tossed flags, rifles, and sabres up in the air.
- Studied abroad in England and Scotland as a undergrad
- Has dual U.S./U.K. citizenship (and has the tattoo to prove it)
- Received her BA in international studies and MSc in international politics
- Could never get tired of watching the movie Pride and Prejudice (2005)
- Adopted two huge dogs from Austin shelters and rescue organizations
- (Almost) compulsively dusts and vacuums her home
- Volunteered at the Glasgow Rape Crisis Center and Austin's SafePlace
- Loves to sew and cross stitch (especially cross stitch jewelry!)
Be sure to give Jacqueline a big "Hello!" when you see her around the office. She's looking forward to getting to know you all!