It's 2018. We made it!
Just like so many of you, we are reflecting on what we did in 2017 and we are prepping for the big things to come in the new year. We're also proud to say there is a lot we do that doesn't need to be changed, which feels amazing as we step into the next phases of AustinBorn.
So what happened in 2017?
- Our Instagram account blew up in a really important way. We've made it part of our mission to share images and videos that represent the realities of labor, birth, infant feeding, and parenting. There is a movement to normalize all of those beautiful journeys and we're committed to being a part it. Head over to our account @weareaustinborn to see what's happening!
- With the addition of two new birth doulas, Jacqueline and Scout, our team was exponentially elevated. They are the embodiment of the AustinBorn doula: they hold high standards of professionalism, they provide superior client care, they value collaboration (with their peers and with their greater community), and they're super fun women to be around. (Stay tuned for another birth team announcement later this month!)
- Our group facilitators -- Yazmin, Juanita, and Kristen -- exceeded expectations in supporting and leading our meet-ups for parents and babies. We talk a lot about holding space in this work and these ladies have proven time and time again that they get it. They confidently navigate the balance of guiding parents, while also allowing them the space to find their footing. Come see for yourself if you haven't joined us yet! The Circle: For Mothers, a gathering for mothers and babies of all ages, meets every Wednesday and Friday from 10a-12p. The Nest: For Families, a gathering for parents and babies of all ages, meets the 2nd Saturday of each month from 10a-12p.
- We welcomed Amy Tucker, Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (PBi), to our team. What a phenomenal addition she has been! Amy represents the gold standard of placenta services. She offers top-notch communication with our clients, provides thorough information on placenta encapsulation, guides clients in navigating the placenta process at their place of birth, and a conducts a safe and seamless process from start to finish. (Oh, and she gives THE BEST hugs.) We're offering $50 off Placenta Encapsulation through the month of January. Use code PLACENTA50 during registration.
And what are we planning for 2018?
- We just launched our new Childbirth Education class and it's kind of a big deal. Something we've noticed about education for expectant parents is that most classes are so time-consuming. Growing a baby is exhausting; learning the whats and hows of becoming a parent shouldn't be. That's why we're offering a one-day comprehensive Childbirth Education workshop. You'll leave feeling confident about: the physiological process of labor and birth, what tools you can use to increase comfort and manage pain, what interventions can pop up and how best to navigate them, how to handle a change in plans, and what to expect postpartum. We're currently offering a discount on this class for the new year! Use code HOLIDAY20 to save $20 on your registration. (Offer ends 1/3/2017.)
- We're also introducing Easing Your Birthing Time, a new workshop to provide expectant parents the tools to help create a harmonious birth experience. This 2-hour workshop will cover coping techniques in labor, how partners can play a beneficial role in providing comfort, and effective communication techniques for couples during labor. We have 2 spots left in our upcoming class Saturday, January 6th. REGISTER HERE.
- Be on the look-out for more community events at AustinBorn (Hello, collaborations!), as well as casual hangs for our growing group of parents. (Family dinners, self-care gatherings, mama movies, and more!)
Thank you to all who are a part of AustinBorn. We are honored to be welcomed into your families and support you on your journeys.