This class is designed to take the guesswork, worry and stress out of whether you will be able to maintain your breastfeeding relationship with your baby when you return to paid work. Together we will:
- review the basics of milk production, so you know exactly how to maintain what you've got
- answer the BIG THREE questions on every bf'ing mom's mind:
- How much does my baby need?
- How often do I need to pump?
- How much do I need to have stashed?
- identify specific strategies for pumping, storing, thawing, and feeding breastmilk
- troubleshoot ways to boost production
- guide you in making plans with your employer, your baby's caregiver, and your family
- get organized with sample schedules and checklists
- refer you to additional resources where you can find reliable support and information
This 2 hour class is offered monthly at AustinBorn (check the calendar for dates), with plenty of time to answer all of your questions. The Back2Work+Breastfeeding Class is taught by Stephanie, AustinBorn's Certified Lactation Counselor, and one of the perks of taking her class is ongoing phone/text/email support afterward. Class size is limited to no more than 4 moms, and nursing babies, partners and baby's caregivers are encouraged to attend. If you can't make it during the scheduled time, don't worry! Stephanie also offers this class privately in your home at a time convenient for you ($25 mileage fee applies to homes outside Austin). A bound, full-color notebook for handy reference will be yours to keep, so you can go back and remember it all when you get home!
Group Class @AustinBorn: $75
Private, In-Home Class: $120