Easing Your Birthing Time
Women have been giving birth for as long as humans have been on the planet, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy and that doesn’t mean it’s always intuitive! This informative and hands-on birthing class will help you ease your birthing time and prepare for the birth of your child.
In this 2-hour class you will gain valuable skills for coping with the strong sensations of birth, while learning to connect with your birth partner. Techniques include:
- Partner assisted yoga-based postures to support you, to ease sensation during contractions, and to create a more harmonious birth experience
- Breathing techniques to ease strong birth sensations and to keep you calm
- Acupressure points you can use before, during, and after your birth to help the baby descend more easily, to relieve strong sensations, relax the body and calm the mind
- Listening skills to keep you and your partner connected during birth
- Essential oils for relaxation and birth challenges
- Understanding the rhythm and ritual of birth
Skills you will take with you are postures, acupressure and breathing techniques, essential oil uses and ways to stay connected are provided with your class. This is a hands-on class with ample opportunity for practice.
- Second Saturday of every month
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- $75 per couple