Placenta Encapsulation is the process in which after childbirth, the placenta is steamed, dehydrated, and ground into a fine powder that is placed into capsules for consumption. The capsules look and feel like taking a vitamin. Many women have experienced Placenta Encapsulation as a great way to help with the postpartum transition and hormone changes, in a way that's healthy and palatable*.
- One hour consultation with your Certified Placenta Encapsulator (in person, phone, Skype, your choice!)
- On-call availability one week before and after due date
- Preparation and encapsulation of placenta in mom's home
- 100% time and energy dedicated to only YOUR placenta during the entire process
- Warming Mother's Broth for consumption
- Placenta capsules for consumption
- Dried cord keepsake
- Dosage and storage instructions
- Guide to local postpartum resources (support groups, providers, activities, etc)
- Follow up postpartum support from your Placenta Encapsulator after delivery and throughout your recovery
- Fee: $300
*The benefits of placenta encapsulation have not been proven by research and only anecdotal information is currently available.