Pregnancy is a time full of questions. You might find yourself surrounded by stacks of books, well-meaning friends, and the Internet but sometimes what you really need is time with a trusted and experienced professional. Together, we'll help you by asking questions, listening carefully to your answers, and offering nonjudgmental guidance as you sort through your options.
If you have questions like:
- Where should I have my baby?
- Hospital birth or homebirth?
- Which practice should I choose?
- Who should be at my birth?
- Do I need a doula? How do I choose one?
- What's a family centered cesarean? How do I plan one?
or are curious about:
- Epidurals and their alternatives
- Common medical interventions
- Prenatal testing
- Typical newborn procedures
- Creating a birth plan or postpartum plan
- Processing a prior birth or life experience
- Breastfeeding and pumping
Then prenatal consulting might be just the right fit!
We offer a la carte consulting* at $45 per hour. Our complete prenatal consulting package ($275) is available to those in the Austin area and includes:
- (1) 2 hour in-home prenatal visit (creating your birth plan and postpartum plan, working through any fears/anxieties, reviewing basic labor comfort measures, and any other special topics you want to cover)
- Phone and email support prenatally (e.g. questions from doctor appointments, need for other referrals, etc.)
- (1) 2 hour in-home postpartum visit (help with breastfeeding, basic newborn care, etc.)
- Unlimited phone and email support postpartum
*Don't let location stop you from getting the best support! For those outside the greater Austin area, we offer distance consulting via phone, email, and Skype. All you need is a computer with web cam!