This week at AustinBorn's Group Prenatal Gathering: Setting Birth Boundaries
Our special guest is birth photographer Eryn Chandler of LewChan Photography, who'll be offering a sweet discount for parents who attend. The discussion topic will be: "Setting Birth Boundaries", and we'll talk about how to stay sane during labor/birth and beyond by setting healthy boundaries with family and friends, both in person and online.
Group prenatal gatherings are held the first Saturday morning (10:30-12) and third Thursday evening (7-8:30) of each month. We’ll take time to check in with each family to catch up on what's been going on in life/pregnancy. Light refreshments are provided. We like our families to lead discussion though we’ll be sure to cover important topics such as:
- Relieving pregnancy discomforts
- Labor interventions & alternatives
- Getting sleep, before & after baby
- Labor Comfort Measures
- Newborn Procedures/Choices
- Optimal fetal positioning & pushing
- Breastfeeding in the first 24 hours
- Getting organized for baby
- Caring for your postpartum self
- Preparing your relationship for a new normal
These gatherings are made up of our current birth doula clients (for details, follow the link below) as well as any guests from the open house event held just prior to the meeting. This is a chance for our clients to meet and learn from one another, as well as to get to know each of the AustinBorn birth doulas better.